What is Marketing?
- Marketing – “The act or process of selling or purchasing. The aggregate of activities involved in moving goods or services from producer to customer.”
- Marketing includes everything a company or professional does to sell more products or services to more people for more money.
- Marketing is an investment, not an expense.
- Marketing efforts must deliver real sales, not “virtual” sales.
- Money is only made when a product is sold, not when it is made.
- Marketing is a business that must have goals, objectives, and direction.
- Direction is determined by strategy.
- Strategy is the heart and soul of marketing and is defined by brand positioning.
- Brand positioning must ALWAYS begin and end with the customer.
- Identifying the right customer is paramount to marketing success.
- Properly targeted customers must receive appropriately designed messages via properly targeted media advertising.
One Final Thought: Successful “external” marketing will always deliver better results than successful “internal” marketing.
(Note: If you want to know how we differentiate “external” and “internal” marketing, please contact us.)